ALERT!!: My othe site called "Motorcycle Picture Of The Day" has MOVED!

Alert, My other site is now known as MOTORCYCLE PHOTO OF THE DAY and is now hosted on Wordpress. If you have questions about the new site please e-mail me at MCPOYD@gmail.com

Please make a note of it and take a minute to check us out.




Monday, March 21, 2011

Yamaha BW 80's. A pair of Sam Simmons Specials.

Sam Simmons sends in this pair of beauties.

He Writes:
Hi Steve,
Hope you're doing well. Excellent ( new) site (as usual!!). I recently
redid a couple of Yamaha BW-80's,so here are a few pictures for you...
Surprisingly,both BW's were still in the hands of their original
owners,one in MO,the other in IL.
 Both were in good overall condition,but pretty tired in the 'Engine Dept'
. I 'stretched' the suspension on mine,while my wife's is stock. Once the
exhaust  and intake systems are de-restricted,carb's rejetted,these
little shits  fly...almost 50 mph.

They're great little bikes for  swap meet transportation,and perfect for

inexperienced trail riders.

Best Regards,

Sam Simons


Holy Smokes! 50mph on these must be a hoot!


I like the Kenny Roberts colors!

Sitting Pretty!  Some nice clearance there!





How to raise em up!


Very Nice work!

The before pic!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you provide me with a lower top clamp setup for my BW80? How much?
-Scott