ALERT!!: My othe site called "Motorcycle Picture Of The Day" has MOVED!

Alert, My other site is now known as MOTORCYCLE PHOTO OF THE DAY and is now hosted on Wordpress. If you have questions about the new site please e-mail me at MCPOYD@gmail.com

Please make a note of it and take a minute to check us out.




Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reader Ride. Land Speed Record Holding RD400

Mark Atkinson who also sent in this bike included a few pics of a fairly well know bike in the Yamaha 2-stroke circles.

The landspeed bike is mine. Ed Erlenbach built it originally, and has three records with it. The picture I sent you is the bikes first time at the salt flats. I never was able to make a pass under full power as it got hot. I am working on a system to keep it cool right now so next year I hope to break some records. The last time Ed had it on the dyno it made a little more than 100 HP, and it feels like it. It is magical when it comes on the pipe about 10,000 rpm. Unreal! I will send you another pic of some more of my smokers.


Thanks Mark that's outstanding.  I always wondered what happenned to Ed's bike after he got out of the 2-stroke game.
Ha!  Funny to see this pic from Murph!  He's been camped out in Bonneville and posting up a storm over on his blog for a while now.  Great Guy.  Check him out!





No comments: